World Hwa Rang Do® Association
60th Anniversary Korea Trip
POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Get ready for an amazing martial art experience! Yes, that's right, Hwa Rang Do is returning to its birthplace to tour South Korea celebrating 60 years of our modern era! It was 1960 when the martial way of Hwa Rang Do was brought to the public when Dr. Joo Bang Lee, the Founder of Hwa Rang Do, began teaching the skills he learned in the mountains of Korea to students in Seoul. This marked the return of the 1800 year old ancient Hwarang skills to the public. From this time to the present day, Hwa Rang Do has spread all throughout the world, impacting thousands of people who have benefited from the physical and mental framework provided in this traditional martial art system.
As the progression and development from the original land of Korea has occurred over the past 60 years, there still exists quite an important connection to the birthplace of this art. In the distance past of Korea, the Hwarang warriors walked, studied, and bled across the Korean peninsula. The many mountains, rivers, and other places of natural beauty played a role in shaping the perspective and philosophy of these ancient warriors. Just as the terrain lead to the development of specific battle tactics and combat skills, the land also inspired the character and personal development that occurred within. To step on this land, to walk where our Hwarang ancestors walked, to see the horizons, to breath the air, and to sit in the presence of that land of the morning calm, one cannot help but resonate with the values, principles, and actions that occurred in years' past, as well as yearn for their implementation in the present and future.
The WHRDA has organized an incredible opportunity for everyone this summer, as we will tour the land of our martial heritage, and also discover the brilliance of the modern times as well!
- Spend 10 Days & Nights Traveling South Korea with Hwa Rang Do Founder, Dr. Joo Bang Lee!
- See amazing places of natural beauty, including the Odae Mountain area where Dojoonim trained as a youth
- Visit the actual historical locations of the ancient Hwarang and other locations of significance in Korean history
- Explore unique places & cities throughout the country including Pyeongchang, Gyeongju, Busan, & Seoul
- Eat incredible food along the journey
- Train directly with Dojoonim & Kuksanim
- Enjoy the camaraderie of fellow Hwarang brothers & sisters from all over the globe!
- Family & Friends are certainly welcome as this trip will be a traveling adventure for all!